PERMATEX RUST TREATMENT 81849 (79DA) -291 g
Permatex® Rust Treatment
Category: Body, Interior & Trim
Provides one-step treatment that destroys old rust and prevents new rust. Just brush or spray on. Within minutes, rust is replaced by a durable black polymer coating that may be painted. Excellent protective primer. Specially formulated to be used with body filler and fiberglass. Can be used when temperature is between 50°F and 90°F (10°C and 32°C) and on surfaces which do not exceed 200°F (93°C). Aerosol – Level 2
Destroys rust on all automotive applications; trucks, trailers, storage tanks, pipes, valves, fences, guard rails, bulkheads, overheads, decks, hatch covers (topcoat with appropriate marine paint), agricultural equipment, plows, tractors, snow removal equipment, etc.
Destroys rust on all truck applications; trailers, storage tanks, pipes, valves, agricultural equipment, plows, tractors, snow removal equipment, etc.
Destroys rust on trailers, storage tanks, pipes, valves, bulkheads, decks, hatch covers (topcoat with appropriate marine equipment, plows, tractor)
- Use gloves to prevent staining of hands.
- Scrape or wipe off dirt & oil. Sand with coarse sandpaper or wire brush.
- Should be used when temperature is between 50° and 90°F (10°and 32°C). Can be applied to surfaces which do not exceed 200°F (93°C).
- Shake well before using.Spray a thin coat onto rusted surface 8-10 inches away until surface is lightly and evenly coated.
- Apply 2-3 thin coats, allowing no more than two minutes drying time between coats. Final application should dry to a black finish.
- Allow 24 hours drying time before top coating. Water based finish topcoat paints will require an additional non-water based primer prior to application of topcoat. Protect from moisture and humidity. For a smooth finish, sand with 320 grit sandpaper before top coating.
- Cleanup with alcohol.